PDA

View Full Version : November's Topic Discussion

Splinter
10-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Hello to everyone,

It is October 16, 2009 and time to start thinking about possible topics for the Pantomime Challenge in the month of November. If you are new to the animation mini challenge, I would like to welcome you and encourage anyone, no matter what your experience may be, to join in.

As for right now I hope everyone still has their creative juices flowing. Now is the time to express your opinion for next month’s Pantomime Challenge. I invite everyone to participate in the discussion.

Remember to share in a timely fashion because time is a ticking and the month of October is coming around the corner.

In order to grasp and maintain the interest of all the animators out there, this thread is here so that all of our needs, wants, and toughest obstacles show up in the monthly challenge. There needs to be rules in order to keep things fair and in the best interests of the challenge, which is to have FUN and learn from our experiences and peers.

1. Deadlines are final; anything posted after the set deadlines are void.
2. This thread is meant for suggestion and suggestions only
3. Voting will take place on October 28, 2009, on a completely new thread.
4. Suggestion will no longer be taken after October 27th, at midnight.
5. No inappropriate topics, we have to follow the rules set forth by “cgtalk.com”

ivanlancaster
10-26-2009, 03:04 AM
some ideas

- track and field/athletics
- two odd friends (one is short/the other is tall, thin/fat, small/huge, over-confident/shy etc.)
- pushing/pulling a heavy object
- trying to grab something just out of reach

Splinter
10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
We have been staying strong for several months now. I am really excited, and hope that there will be many more good times to come. Here is a list of the topics that we have already done.
1. Frightened
2. Walk Cycle
3. Ball Kick
4. Lifting an object and putting it somewhere
5. Watching a scary/funny movie
6. Short animation of a character carrying something up steps or an incline
7. Picking up a dollar bill (be creative)
8. Halloween

Here are a few suggestion that I have for next month.

1. Let the winner from the previous month chose topic
2. Gymnastics
3. Hot coffee (or tea if you prefer) gets spilled on the character.
4. Hears music and dances against own will

Splinter
10-28-2009, 08:52 PM
I looks like these are the topics for the poll so I will put the poll up later tonight.

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2009, 08:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.