PDA

View Full Version : Importing a new UVW map to Zbrush mesh

EladDabush
10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone ...

Got a simple question regarding the working process between 3D Max and Zbrush.
I'm working on a model in Zbrush and I'm just about to start poly paint it. However ,I noticed that the unwrap I did in Max needs to be improved. is there a way to load it a new UVW to my current zbrush mesh without loosing all of the details I added to it inside Zbrush?
if so can someone please explain to me how it's being done? (I'm working with zbrush 3.5r2)

Thanks

guest01
10-15-2009, 06:17 PM
You can do this.

Go to your lowest version of your object (the one with the old UVs).

Press the morphtarget> store morph target button.

Fix the UV's in your external program (XSI in your case).

Import the new model (new UV's) into the model of your old UV's.

Press morphtarget> switch geometry.

Good to go.

more is here http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=1710187&postcount=3

EladDabush
10-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the help , I assumed I wasn't the first guy who encountered that issue before but when I looked for help I couldn't find that specific post before.

Did exactly what you mentioned above and it doesn't work , I still get the old UV map. I guess something went wrong with the import of the revised mesh.
After I'm pressing the import button I get this message :"Mismatch point-order in the imported mesh was detected and auto-corrected."

it's not an error message , but is it normal ?

Thanks again.

noxy
10-17-2009, 12:32 AM
using 3.5, I can't get this to work, I have a model with several subtools, I export the model at lowest subdivision, create uv in Maya, then I can't seem to bring it into zbrush in a way that will allow me to switch the uv from my adjusted model to the original.

Is there a step by step workflow that anyone can share? I run into barriers all the time, where I just can't figure out the procedure.

Thanks.

EladDabush
10-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Yeh, apperantly that method is not working in 3.5

MaxUzkikh
10-31-2009, 02:30 AM
Yeh, apperantly that method is not working in 3.5

I have the same problem!!
Who found decision ?

cgbeige
11-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I haven't ever bothered with the morph target thing - just go to the lowest level and click import and select the OBJ with the new UVs. It will replace the UVs and preserve the sculpting on upper layers. I haven't tried this with painting stuff though since I don't do texture work in ZBrush. I'm also on the Mac 3.2 version

CGTalk Moderation
11-02-2009, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.