PDA

View Full Version : anyone up for SICAF??

Savage_Henry
08-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Anyone going to SICAF tomorrow??

I'd love to get together with a few guys (or girls) and check out some films. (SICAF being the Seoul International Cartoon and Animation Festival). I want to see the shorts being screened on Friday...nice day for a holiday I might add. Anyway...looks like some great stuff being screened. Check out the website:

www.sicaf.co.kr

Lets go geek out.

tjnyc
08-13-2003, 04:08 PM
I went last year, very cool, had a great time and I met alot of people. There were a bunch of companies from Japan looking at stuff last year, looks like the anime and gaming industry in Japan are looking at S. Korea for outsourcing work.

Savage_Henry
08-14-2003, 09:46 PM
They had a midnight screening of Cowboy Bebop: The movie tonight. Not a bad show. I'm not a huge fan of anime, but the story and art were pretty good.

Afterward they showed some "erotic" shorts complied by this Polish filmaker. Erotic being ANYTHING suggestive. Only 3 out of the 15+ were worth watching.

Hopefully going to checkout Enternal Gaze tomorrow. few other decent shorts...dammit I'm tired.

Sky_DaBomB
08-14-2003, 11:16 PM
I dont mean to get off this topic but is there any other Animation Festival like this in Asia, like in Japan,Hongkong...etc.

tjnyc
08-15-2003, 03:44 PM
This is actual one of the most popular animation festival in Asia and you will see entries and companies from other parts of Asia coming. They have traditional animation, stop motion, 2D digital, 3D, web based animation(Flash and so) and other so called "next gen" animation. It started out small with private and government backing to promote Korean cultural and businesses, but has grown over the years to showcase animation from other parts of Asia and ouside Asia as well.

I plan to go again next year to promote some products and short film.

Here is their website

http://www.sicaf.or.kr.

There is an english site to it as well.

regards,

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.