PDA

View Full Version : adding ICE to an enveloped and Rigged Face

RumorHazard
10-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Ahoy all!,

So I have run into a bit of a sticky situation with a facial rig setup that I am currently developing.

The fave is fully Chain rigged and Enveloped and now I have come to the task of rigging the Eye and thought that it would be cool to implement some ICE in driving the eye lids, but alas this has not worked out so well. I end up with a functioning ICE tree (functioning as in there are no red nodes of DOOM!) but when I try and view the nodes feedback option(eg Vectors or Values) nothing appears.

I have built the same ICE tree on a new sphere and it works, so im not 100% sure what may be wrong with my face scene, also if I delete the envelop and try and do the ICE tree it still doesn't work.

Any thoughts or Ideas to push me in the correct direction would be well appretiated.

Thanks

ThE_JacO
10-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Seeing the tree would help a great deal :)
Also, if you work with something that needs to deform, make sure you're not using a simulated ICE tree, as it will internally freeze the state of the points at the first frame of simulation.

RumorHazard
10-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Ahoy Raff!,

hows it going man?

so here's a grab of the tree, I am busy working threw the ICE Siggraph Videos, so its still at the very early stages but I cant seem to get any visual feedback and when i pass out the data to the weightmap no values get passed.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/rum0r/ICE_eye.jpg

The head_geo is the geometry of the head, the CrvControl is a control that will be used to drive the eye lid. So far the face has a chain structure that is enveloped to it , and some nulls that are also enveloped to it, and that is all.

When I delete the Enveloping on the Mesh then the ICE tree seems to kick into action

hope that helps, thanks for taking a look

ThE_JacO
10-15-2009, 11:42 AM
It's going. Very busy, but I can still find time for ex-grads I guess ;)
How's you?

If when you remove the envelope the tree starts working, then maybe your envelope is changing the position of the geometry (is it animated or in its bind bose?) and changing the distances/values that come into play.
If you're limiting the distance look-up in the closest position getter it would explain the empty output.

Kinda hard to tell by the graph alone, but it would be my first guess.

RumorHazard
10-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Hey, good to hear your doing well.

Works going well picking up the pace, the studio is now in full swing for production so going really well.

Yeah the head is not in bind pose, its been animated slightly, but there is no distance threshold on the ICE node, so i guess it may be that its animated off from bind pose, I will have to try and see what happens.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2009, 12:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.