PDA

View Full Version : Importing and exporting issues on Zbrush 3.2 OSX

andrespalma
10-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Hello everybody,

Just posted this on Zbrush Central but I wanted to chek it out here just in case. I recently installed Zbrush 3.2 OSX and started working on a new sculpt. The base was modeled using ZSpheres but later on got posed using Transpose Master as well as sent to Modo and back to Zbrush for some quick topology fixes using GoZ. By the time I used Transpose Master to pose it I had already appended a couple of subtools to it, and later on I retopologized the whole sculpt using ZSpheres.

I am currently trying to export it back to Modo, either as an .obj, a .ma, or a goz file and but I'm only getting a scene devoid of any polygons. It takes a while to load and the progress bar clearly shows Modo struggling with the loading of some kind of information present in the file, but so far I've had no luck managing to get any sort of geometry out of Zbrush. I've also tried importing the same obj back into Zbrush but I keep getting a message that states "Error encountered while importing file" with a resulting tool shaped like a star.

I also cannot seem to append any subtools to it nor append it as a subtool to any other tools I may have around. More precisely, the appending process works, but if I append additional geometry to the sculpt they are nowhere to be found, whereas if I append the sculpt to another pre-existing tool then everything disappears. I went back and checked previous versions of the sculpt and noticed that these issues arose fairly early in the game, way before any retopology work was applied to the sculpt.

Has anything like this happened to anyone before? I'm stumped and getting a bit desperate for a workaround.

Thanks for reading, if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them!

andrespalma
10-16-2009, 11:08 PM
I finally figured out what was going wrong, scale setting under the tool export sub-palette were set to nan. Posting it in case anybody else runs into this problem.

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2009, 11:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.