PDA

View Full Version : dynamic tree in wind

vis73
10-14-2009, 12:09 AM
As I'm digging into maya, I wondered if any of you TD's could offer any pointers to a workflow that would achieve a tree blowing in the wind? I have beentaking a look at the paint effects/ncloth tut on falling leaves - but wondered if I could have a tree whos branches and leaves move and bend with a field? Any pointers would be awesome.

Cheers

Vis

Duncan
10-14-2009, 12:15 AM
On the pfx brush just enable turbulence (usually world force works OK) and play with the turbulence values. Note that sometimes turbulence doesn't playback properly (the node thinks nothing is animated and the stroke is cached ). You can wake it up by simply opening the flow anim block in the brush attribute editor.

You can also wiggle a tree assigning a pfx modifier node to it. Set the modifier widthScale to 1( no effect) and increase its force scale. One can also randomize the dropoff of the modifier(this is a 3d noise applied to the push). When one moves the modifier around it will push the branches.

Duncan

vis73
10-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks Duncan, I'll give it a go :)

Vis

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2009, 12:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.