PDA

View Full Version : subtool materials?

noxy
10-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Perhaps this is an obvious question, but is there a way to apply different materials to different subtools in zbrush?
I've tried a few things, but unlike most programs, a wrong step in zbrush can drop your model or fill your screen with color.

thanks

Noxy

RichardMarklew
10-13-2009, 10:24 PM
In version 3.5 for windows or 3.2 for mac you can.
Select your subtool, M or Mrgb then Color / FillObject. You can do this for each subtool to fill the them with a material or colour and material. When the SubToolMaster plugin is released for 3.5 this can also be used to do the same thing.

Richard

noxy
10-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks Richard that did the trick. Like most zbrush commands, it was a bit finicky about what was visible and selected at the time of color assignment. As long as the subtool I wanted was selected and the only subtool visible, I could select a material then do the color>fill object command.

At first I had only selected a new material, but without the fill object, it wouldn't stick.

Cheers

Noxy

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2009, 10:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.