PDA

View Full Version : Model Help, New to Maya

stjons
10-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi
I'm attempting to make a character in maya, i'm following a tutorial but adapting it as i go.

Basically when i duplicate my model i get a hard line right around the centre of the character along the axis. It was working fine before, then i moved some of the vertices about and notcied the line so i figured deleting half and re dulplicating it would work but, no luck.

I've had a look through the threads on here, i checked my normals, i tried softening the edge and i tried the crease tool.

Any help would be great
Cheers
Jonny

FirechameleoN
10-14-2009, 01:46 PM
some pics might help ascertain the problem....

Mahje
10-14-2009, 02:00 PM
So did u combine and merge the 2 parts? Otherwise a 1.combine2.merge3.Normals/soften edge should take care of that hard edge.

stjons
10-15-2009, 03:14 PM
I had been trying duplicating it and then softening the edges which wasn't working but i found a topic on here similiar where someone had suggested mirroring it, so i tried that and it seems to have sorted it. Cheers for the responses anyway though.

Im making a character for a uni project and i'm not exactly finding it easy

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2009, 03:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.