PDA

View Full Version : 2009 New Demo Reel

dondixon
10-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I am currently looking for work, job hunt is looking pretty grim right now. So I thought I would post my reel, I have a games reel as well, but cant post that work yet.

LINK: http://www.dondixon.com/DDixonToons.mov

Hows everyone else doing on the job hunting? I'd like to hear some happy stories :)

Soon2bAnimator
10-13-2009, 06:07 PM
well the good news is that you have a pretty solid reel...the bad news is...that is still gonna be extremely hard to find a job:( . a few of my friends that grauated with me did make it into the industry working for Tokyo Pop, THQ, and Nickelodeon to name a few...and its a struggle for them to just keep there jobs...with all the lay-off and cut backs. the most successful of my friends is me and my buddy chris who moved to Germany...both of us do freelance work and have been very successful thus far...my advice to you is network...go to as many conventions and film festivals as you can..show off your work and be friendly, make friends. The more friends you make in the right places the better your chances will be to get a solid job. I've personally have had more success finding work over a sandwich and civil conversation than pounding reels to as many companies as i possibly can...its hard man..but if you stick with it you can do it......just my 2 cents

InDyJones12
10-13-2009, 06:57 PM
your work is pretty good! looking at your blog, your 2d work is pheonominal! did you do any 2d animation at all? and for the job hunting, ive heard of a ton of work opening up for people who can animate in Adobe Flash. just a heads up

dondixon
10-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks Soon2bAnimator and Indy! I use to do alot of flash work when I first started out, Maybe I should open up the ol Flash again and see if i can still draw lol, I have been spending the last few years working on 3d character work for games and commercial type spots for the NBA, this is just the first time it seems soo dismal out there lol and its kinda depressing, but Indy ur comment on my blog put a smile on my face, :) I am glad u dig the work.

D.

dondixon
10-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Slightly updated: http://www.dondixon.com/ToonDixon.mov

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2009, 12:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.