PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Accidents - Talent - Milho

Milho
08-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Ok....after taking many ideas into account I came to this result which I like best:

The Magnetic Man!

A guy who is able to put metal things on his body!

The Story:
The guy stands next to a table with metal objects like spoons, coins an old flat iron etc.

He waves around with his hands to get attention and shows a spoon to the viewer(s).

Then he puts it to his stomach but it falls down. Wondered He tries to pick it up...

...and sticks with his head to the iron on the table which stays on his face. Fighting with the iron he tries to get rid of it.

At the end he falls on the table and all the metal objects get on him.

(Maybe optional addition: The crowds cheer and throw coins at him which directly stick to his body)

Technique
I thought of simple segmented geometry (good old "Vyas Style" ;) )
To prevent rigging I'll use maNus great rigging scripts.

(added) Concepts/Storyboard:

http://www.milho.de/animation/030809_sideshow_accidents/sideshow_concept.jpg

As you can see I left out the ending.

Good Luck everyone :thumbsup:

kaktuswasser
08-13-2003, 01:23 PM
lol, super idee milho!

great idea! really like it :)

grury
08-13-2003, 08:15 PM
eh eh eh! Good one.
also like the coins bit, go for it.

best of luck.

swag
08-14-2003, 05:30 PM
nice concepts & storyboard - my 1. thought was the same but in the classic the character must have a deformation - i think a electric iron left :) have fun

westmeadow
08-14-2003, 08:14 PM
hehe, i like this. As Gru said, use the coins!! :applause:

Milho
08-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Thank you kaktuswasser, Gru, swag and Assie!

Here are my basic toys
http://www.milho.de/animation/030809_sideshow_accidents/wip_sideshow_01.jpg

Depending on time I will add an environment, work on the textures, rendering etc.

But first I want to focus on animation :wip:

grury
08-16-2003, 04:06 AM
"good old "Vyas Style""... right so :)
eh eh

Milho
08-27-2003, 12:24 PM
Heya! I'm not dead ;)
Just wanted to say that I got much of the roughing out pose to pose done. Need to work on the timing though.

I had not much time because of work and training, but unfortunatelly for me and fortunatelly for the challenge I hurt my back pretty bad and won't be able to train this week. :annoyed: and :)

Additionally I took a week off (starting on friday) so much time to spend i will have (=yodaish).

Will post my first vids soon. Still wonder how to do quicktime movs in linux!?! Guess I must patch my windows for the final. Damn virus :thumbsdow
mpeg4/divx must be ok for the wips. A pitty I can't watch them here at work with mac os 9.2. Hope they get g4/g5s with osx soon...

Cheers :toomuchsmileystoshowabeersmileydamnilovethissmileyssomuch:

Milho
09-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Heya!
Like I said, I got vacation and work on my 'nimation.

So here's the first WIP. Was more work than I thought. It is about 1/3 of the final action, pose to pose rough out with no inbetweens.

Would really like to hear comment on the poses. I'm not satisfied with the angle when his cylinder falls down, hope it looks better in the final animation.

Should be viewable with normal divx codec.

mil_magnetic_wip_01.avi (mpeg4 - 103 kb) (http://www.milho.de/animation/030809_sideshow_accidents/mil_magnetic_wip_01.avi)

Cheers
:beer:

westmeadow
09-02-2003, 07:36 PM
The poses look good, but it may be easier for us to read with linear interpolation!! Keep up the hard work!

Assie

renderwoman
09-02-2003, 08:27 PM
hey,nice idea!
waiting to see the final imgs!

Milho
09-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Another update. The iron is on his head. Now the fun part begins. Still only block out. Will post tweened animation when I'll be working on it.

mil_magnetic_wip_02.avi (mpeg4 - 137 kb) (http://www.milho.de/animation/030809_sideshow_accidents/mil_magnetic_wip_02.avi)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.