PDA

View Full Version : Stablizing 2 Perf DPX footage in After Effects

ksheeran
10-13-2009, 10:10 AM
I am currently trying to stabilize some footage in after effects CS4 to eliminate gate movement from a 2 perf 35mm camera (For a comp), but the resulting footage (DPX Files) is not stabilising very well at all. I have tried using one and two trackers as well as various options but nothing seems to be giving me a decent result. Can anyone recommend a workflow or plugin that may help me better stabilize the footage? I have previously worked externally with Match Mover to stablize footage but don't really want to have to add this to my workflow if I can help it.

scrimski
10-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Did you tried that directly in AE or in Mocha?

Aneks
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
denoise it and then try and track or maybe drop out the blue channel. You should be able to preblur a little beofre tracking and then just apply the data to an ublurred version.

ksheeran
10-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I did not even know mocha existed! I just read the manual and did a track, copied the data and it came out very nicely, even with a slight focus pull. Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to exploring Mocha some more!

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2009, 12:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.