PDA

View Full Version : how to change video and audio bitrate in after effects CS4?

mister3d
10-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi guys, I need to change audio and video bitrate in AE CS4, and have no clue how to make it... it's for TV, and they have some strict askings:
audio quality 1536 kilobit\sec
audio size 16 bit
audio format PCM
framerate 23~25max
data transfer speed 29631 kilobit\sec

Please help.

Tagger
10-13-2009, 09:40 AM
use compression apps for that, like seurenson, cleaner, compressor, ...
you'll never get a decent result out of AE

mister3d
10-13-2009, 09:50 AM
use compression apps for that, like seurenson, cleaner, compressor, ...
you'll never get a decent result out of AE
Thank you Tagger... but I can't find any of those programs you're talking about. Are they for mac? Is it possible to make in adobe premiere? I work under windows.

scrimski
10-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Compressor is Mac only and comes bundled with Final Cut. Sorensen is Mac and PC, quite expensive for a stand-alone and I everybody I know using this purchased it bundled with Avid's Media Composer. You may also try Quicktime Pro, has a lot less features than the above mentioned but is only 29$.

Super (C) is freeware, I remember a sticky either in the comp/editing or After Effetcs Forum with a few more links and a short encoding guide.

You may also render uncompressed and then encode that uncompressed output in After Effects. I do know that it's not recommended, but it's better than nothing. Settings can be adjusted in the render output menu in the render list(reading the manual helps).

mister3d
10-13-2009, 10:21 AM
That's pretty much what I needed to know, thanks Scrimski!

TomThumb
10-14-2009, 01:39 AM
What about TMpeg?

http://www.tmpgenc.net/

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2009, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.