PDA

View Full Version : Ikeda's Power Tools!!

LyonHaert
08-13-2003, 06:40 AM
Updated, folks! there's an OS X port, too.

www.davidikeda.com

Triple G
08-13-2003, 06:53 AM
Yup, David rocks! These are some of the most useful tools I think I've ever seen. :beer:

roguenroll
08-13-2003, 07:00 AM
yep, :thumbsup: give it up, need to let these developers know their efforts are very appreciated.

Rogue

KillMe
08-13-2003, 12:10 PM
yup great tools my only complaint is that make polygon leave you with the polygon selected after use and also when you switch back to point mode the points are still selected - no if it stayed in point mode and dropped the selection this would be awesome ah well cant have everything i suppose =(

Miyazaki
08-13-2003, 12:34 PM
One of my favorite LW tools. David you`re my hero :bowdown:

mr_nebel
08-13-2003, 01:00 PM
I've had these for ages but only now have i gotten round to setting up my hotkeys and menu layout to use them. Awesome stuff.

BAROBA
08-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Thanks David
Your tools sure look usefull :)
Thanks for the effort you put in these :)
Great work :)

anieves
08-13-2003, 01:49 PM
my favorite set of plugs! nice job David!:beer:

color_trilogy
08-13-2003, 02:33 PM
These are awesome tools. Great for improving workflow:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Thank You:beer:

robkoni
08-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Great Stuff David ,keep them coming,soo,soooo usefull.
Many thanks

devi8
08-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Just another thumbs up from another happy user :thumbsup:

Devi

LyonHaert
08-14-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by KillMe
yup great tools my only complaint is that make polygon leave you with the polygon selected after use and also when you switch back to point mode the points are still selected - no if it stayed in point mode and dropped the selection this would be awesome ah well cant have everything i suppose =(

"I mainly chose to make the tool to create polys switch to polygons are creating them since I thought the user might want to work with the polygon he/she just created. On the other hand, I guess it makes sense to stick with the way Lightwave's 'make pol' tool does it and stay in point mode. To try make everyone happy, I'll include a configuration file in the next release which will let you choose whether you wish to remain in point mode or switch to poly." -- from Ikeda's comments on Flay (http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.CFM?ID=1766)

leuey
08-14-2003, 08:06 AM
Brilliant, thank you - these are beyond value.

best,

Greg

KillMe
08-14-2003, 12:34 PM
ohhhhhhhhh that would be cool - i can see his point =D though hehe

KillMe
08-14-2003, 12:54 PM
i was jsut playing around with the translate too and the normal move function - i notice it seems to scale the poly - or rather than its moving the points along there normals not the poly along its normal

now this wouldbe great if point mode to moded along thepoints normals and in poly mode along poly normal - infact that would be an awsome tool and a great addition to the work flow

LyonHaert
08-15-2003, 03:13 AM
i don't think points even have normals, but if you want Translate to move polys along the average of the normals of all polys selected, you have to hold the Ctrl key while using the right mouse button (before depressing the mouse button).

for moving along normals, i also use Normal Move and Normal Rotate by Mark Brown (http://www.spatial-design.com). if you select multiple polys, it will move them all along the normal of the first selected poly.

KillMe
08-15-2003, 03:24 AM
point normal is the angle furtherest away from all teh incoming edges =) and yup i have those tools too and yup i worked out if you selct jsut the one poly and use the average normals it averages the point normals and nicely gives the poly normal and stops the poyl from scaling =) so i quit complaining ( i do that alot so people really should pay attension to me)

Locutus
08-17-2003, 02:14 AM
LyonHaert, how long have you lived in Indy? I was born and raised there. I've only lived here in Texas for 5 years.
It's cool to see a fellow 3D artist and Lightwave user from Indiana!
What side of Indy do you live?
:thumbsup:

LyonHaert
08-17-2003, 06:43 AM
Locutus: sent you PM

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.