PDA

View Full Version : Movie poster project for Photoshope class!

NMCDerek
10-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Here's a movie poster I've been working on for photoshop class, and I must have it done on October 20th.

So can you guys give me any pointers & or C&C'S?

http://drp-photography.smugmug.com/photos/678747896_YeCub-X3.jpg

DArcy1
10-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Well. A couple of things. First, get rid of that work in progress text, we know it's a work in progress and the text is really distracting. Second, is this a movie about the son of Dracula? If yes, you really need to have him in the picture somewhere :-). Is that a picture of a Russian city? There is nothing there that tells a non-Russian observer that is anything but a picture of a generic cityscape. You see where I'm going here...

What you need here is some sence of narrative, we need to be able to look at the poster and have some sence of what the storyline is. What is the city's relation to Drac's son? What is the mood of the movie? A comedy, drama, horror? The poster needs to capture and convey that mood to the viewer so they will know if they want to watch the movie. Figure all that out yourself before you even put pencil to paper.

Hope that helps

D'Arcy

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2009, 10:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.