PDA

View Full Version : nParticle -> Polygons , Inherit color?

graygiant
10-12-2009, 09:20 PM
How can I inherit the color from the particles used to create my Poly mesh? I'm basically emitting particles from a textured object, the particles are inheriting the color from the texture, and I want to create a mesh from all of the particles...How can I go about doing this? Any help or ideas will be a great help.

Thanks!

Aikiman
10-13-2009, 02:18 AM
On a changing typograpghy? Goodluck.

DJ_
10-13-2009, 09:14 AM
It is a bit tricky, but still possible using a softbody. There's a tutorial on modernmayhem (http://www.modernmayhem.com/home.html) that shows how to do it.

I guess you could use an expression to sample the particle's RGBpp and put it into the softbody's vertexcolor, but I haven't tried it.

Aikiman
10-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Well you could try attaching a closestPointOnMesh node to your mesh and particles and see if you can set color per vertex that way.

Thats if the cPOM node doesnt need a fix set of vertices. :shrug:

graygiant
10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Definitely running into changing typography problems :), but I'm still trying to figure a way around it all. One thought I had was create different emitters for each color in the texture and somehow blend the meshes. Is this possible? I'm looking into closestPointOnMesh right now, but results are not promising so far.

Can you elaborate on the softbody method? The tutorial is locked down for members and I'm not sure I want to drop 50 for something that might not work.

Thanks Aikiman & DJ.

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.