PDA

View Full Version : Path modeling tutorial?

syst3moveride
08-13-2003, 12:20 AM
:annoyed: does any one know where i can find a tutorial on patch modeling that is realy indepth because i am having some trouble i can rough out a spline base

edaddy
08-13-2003, 06:14 AM
what problem are you having?

syst3moveride
08-13-2003, 06:32 AM
:scream: when i have roughed out a base with splines i cant make the quad patch control points fit exactly to my lines and once i fit one i can never get the next i fit the same to the botom one do you know where i could get a good tutorial

Thanks!

edaddy
08-13-2003, 09:12 PM
use the 3d snap toggle option -

but i can tell you right now, patch modeling is maybe the most tedious way of modeling and you will hate yourself for doing it... since your splines are already roughed out i would just go ahead and polish them up and apply a surface modifier instead of making nurmerous patches

syst3moveride
08-21-2003, 12:49 AM
okay i can make my spline models reasonably well but i still have a bit of a problem with adding the surface modifier and i have welded all the i can and once the modofier is added it still dosent go on right or it is left with holes i am using 3d snap toggle

Any ideas or a tut would be nice

could you make up a modle with splines so that i can just add a surface modifier so i can have a look a a deacent model :beer:

edaddy
08-21-2003, 09:27 PM
if you are left w/ holes then either your verts aren't close enough or you have more than 4 corners in a particular area. you can't have a 5 sided anything when spline modeling, and i don't recommend 3 sided either b/c it pinches the mesh.

As for the verts; just select them all and do a weld w/ a low threshold set.

Sorry i can't give you any examples - but i'm sure you could find some on the magical internet

syst3moveride
08-22-2003, 03:16 AM
:beer: thanks didnt know about the amount of sides that i caould have i have a few 3 sided and 1 or 2 five sided sections thats a lot of help

off-center
09-11-2003, 12:55 PM
instead of welding your splines you can also fuse the vertices, most of the time use fuse, only when you need a spline to continue weld it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.