PDA

View Full Version : renders or animations to show?

Andy741
08-13-2003, 12:59 AM
Does anyone have any renders or animations to show? It would be cool if they had more propoganda on the website to show all the features of the new release. Maybe they could get advertised on cgchannel or insidecg or something.

Wegg
08-13-2003, 01:51 AM
Some of our stuff is in their showcase movie thing.

The Dino, the Big Ape logo. . .

It was rendered in LW but animated in Messiah. . .

Qslugs
08-13-2003, 08:12 AM
I'll have a test I am rendering right now to show tommorrow night maybe. Its a radiosity test, no lights no textures though. It will move however.

Qslugs
08-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Well it's still rendering as of 9:30 am today. I think it's about half done now. Thats good news as far as I can tell; in other words it hasn't crashed. When the render is done I will post a link to the animation and also a link to an image of the render settings that I used.

Also, I am extremely impressed with the results for my test so far. I used to think that LW was the only package where you got good results with little to no effort, and all you had to really do was press the render button. I guess there are two of thoes packages now. I can't wait till the renderer is totally done.

Andy741
08-16-2003, 12:48 AM
any word on your rendering qslugs?

rnb2
08-16-2003, 03:56 AM
I believe there was a render error that is being looked at by pmG.

Qslugs
08-16-2003, 07:03 AM
Yeah something like that. I had a issue that is being looked at. I will post more images over the weekend.

Dennik
08-17-2003, 12:22 AM
Whatever the new animation tools are, animations will always be animations. Good or bad.
As Weg, said they have many videos in the theater section of their site
(*self promotion mode on* my own 3D short too! *self promotion mode off*)
:D

Chewey
08-17-2003, 12:41 AM
After spending way too many hours attempting to get rev 9a's render etc to behave and act properly I've decided to just stop until another patch arrives.
Way too many loose ends and odd crap happening. UV's are screwed, motion blur, dof, caustics, texturing and other tidbits just not ready for prime time.
Maybe this is to be expected as I don't recall pmg having a lot of background in the render creation arena. :rolleyes:

Andy741
08-17-2003, 07:02 AM
i guess i was thinking more of something like cinema 4d's site where they have little example animations for their new features. I have seen the animations on the site before. :)

Qslugs
08-17-2003, 11:58 AM
http://www.screamingrabbit.com/images/e_foy_001.jpg

That is a test I rendered in messiah (rev9). Rendered with monte carlo. Can't remember how long it took but it wasn't very long. Also the skin had a specularity value of 1 and there was a point light lighting the scene with a value of .75

It looks to me like results I got using celshading plugs in Lightwave.

mike

Chewey
08-17-2003, 03:03 PM
Interesting bit of geometry! So are you saying that the cel look in that render was unintentional?

Facial Deluxe
08-17-2003, 05:15 PM
I love that character :thumbsup: ! Great job, even if the shading looks weird for some GI :shrug:

Qslugs
08-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Yes that look was totally unintentional. At first I thought somehow the cel settings I used in "besm" in Lw somehow magically transferred over. However that look is totally due to specularity and one point light.

Either way, I plan on doing more experiments in the same vein, maybe come up with my own style. I like the way that the non specular part has what appears to be a gradated color with some apparent depth in the shading.

Although, my long term goal with this model is to figure out how to automate the legs like the demo spider sequence that comes with messiah.

Qslugs
08-18-2003, 01:15 AM
btw, the model contains nudity. Theres a tit on the front that is not quite apparent from the shading :)

Don't want anyones eyes to bleed from looking at my nude model.

mg3d
08-18-2003, 02:53 AM
"Theres a tit on the front that is not quite apparent from the shading "

LOL i would've neve guessed until you pointed that out...

-mG

Geco
08-18-2003, 03:15 AM
hi Qslugs,
are you testing the new Flash output plug-in for messiah:studio? :)

Qslugs
08-18-2003, 04:07 AM
No. Is there one? Flash plugin that is.

Like I mentioned before, specularity value of one on the skin surface, monte carlo radiosity method default settings, and a point light with a value of .75 and the color is slight yellow which when mixing with the normal skin color turns the skin specularity slightly pink.

Although a flash renderer would be a very nice thing to have. Or at least the ability to purchase one additionally as a plugin for messiah.

Andy741
08-18-2003, 05:13 AM
Interesting image qslugs. That might be fun to animate.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.