PDA

View Full Version : 2D: Environment - Elf Sunset

Pinky_Powers
08-12-2003, 11:19 PM
I have had this image in my head tormenting me for over a year now. I had always wanted to paint it, but I was never sure of my skills enough to actually go for it. I had even attempted it a few times, but got discouraged when simply working on the sky. But finally, after many projects, and much growth in my painting skills, I have gone all the way. There are many things that are not as good as I had hoped, but then, many other things even better than I had hoped. All and all I am pretty happy with this image. I am still a learner, and could use all the C&C one could give me. Thanks much, and thanks all who helped me with the WIP.

http://www.realsightinteractive.com/yabbattachments/Elf_Lady2.jpg

NowhereMan
08-12-2003, 11:23 PM
Looking great!! Of course you can tweak it a little more, i would make some sharper strokes on the trees, mountains, and grass.. The strokes are too blurry, if you balance with the sharp ones, it would be better i think!:p

If u plan to continue to tweak it, keep posting the updates :thumbsup:

Pinky_Powers
08-12-2003, 11:28 PM
They were actually a good bit sharper, but I blured them as to make them less sharp so that the focus was properly on the lady.:)

I painted this in PS7 used a Wacom and some defult prushes.

Just thought I would throw that in just incase. :)

wazza m
08-13-2003, 02:33 AM
I love love love the sword design!:rolleyes:

wazza

ICY
08-13-2003, 03:55 AM
Nice environment. I don't like the character. Looks kind of cartoony with very detailed background.

Pinky_Powers
08-13-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by wazza m
I love love love the sword design!:rolleyes:

wazza

So, I am guessing by the :rolleyes: that you are kidding? What do you not like about the sword? Too much like Arwen's?

Pinky_Powers
08-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ICY
Nice environment. I don't like the character. Looks kind of cartoony with very detailed background.

Actually, SHE has the most detail, but it is all in the little things. But if you look closely, you can see more texture, and more little details than the whole of the background. lol. I was quite a bit worried that she would look too detailed in compairison to the BG. :D

coldcurrent
08-13-2003, 07:57 PM
beside ps7, what else did u use for it??

Pinky_Powers
08-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Umm... I had drawn her out in pencil and paper a long time ago, then scanned her when I was finaly ready to give it a real try. Other than that, everything was painted in PS. All of the envoronment was painted free hand in PS using a small 4x6 WaCom pen, no penciling was made to help me out. Probably not the smartest thing, but when I started on it, I was just too inspired to wait untill I was home to scetch it out, and scan anything. lol.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.