PDA

View Full Version : playback speed

skdzines
10-11-2009, 06:43 AM
This may be more of an animation question but I'll ask it anyway.

I have a scene where a bunch of debris particles go flying out when my object collides with the ground. I have the magnitude of the volume axis field set to about 300 at frame 9 and then set to 0 at frame 12. The emitter particle rate is set to 600 at frame 9 and then set to 0 at frame 12. My timeline settings are set to play every frame as well. When I do a batch render and view the sequence at 24 fps, the animation is way too fast. How do I go about slowing down the speed of the animation? Is this something that can be tweaked by changing the magnitude of the axis field or the speed of the emitter? Or is this something that is usually done in post with something like after effects? I'm pretty new to all of this and am just wondering how most people do it. I have followed several tutorials on explosions with debris, and even those seem to play really fast.

Thanks for any help.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2009, 06:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.