PDA

View Full Version : Digital Tutors

Sphinxthelion
10-10-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm trying to learn Zbrush with a copy for Zbrush2 for the Mac. I used to have the DT intro to Zbrush2 on DVD. DT no longer sell's DVD's and I'm having a hard time finding any learning resources for Zbrush since everything has moved to 3. Does anyone know where I can find some Zbrush2 learning resources?

cresshead
10-11-2009, 10:52 AM
if your using version 2, why not simply update to version 3.5r2 as YOUR entitled to a FREE update.

why you want to continue to use version 2 is abit weird..also you say you used to have a DT training disc on version 2...so use that unless you sold it on.

of course if your using a stolen version of zbrush then you'll not ba able to upgrade will you?
you can always BUY it...it's not expensive like maya or houdini.

Sphinxthelion
10-11-2009, 04:26 PM
no- My disks got smashed by a crackhead who bashed up my room with a bat, and they were legit. And as far as the free upgrade to version 3.5 I'm not aware that pixologic gives away free upgrades. I'm new to Zbrush and this isn't my copy. But that sure doesn't make it pirated. I'm trying to learn this software. Also I don't have 600$ to blow on software as I don't make much dough. If I were to spend 600$ I would buy a new washer and dryer so I don't have to go to the laundromat.

pnoland
10-11-2009, 04:41 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=zbrush+tutorials

Sphinxthelion
10-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah all the online learning resources are in Zbrush3. That's my point. I DID look. I don't have Zbrush3. Basically I'm looking for the old Digital tutors dvd's that they used to sell. I had some they were great, but unfortunately some crack head smashed them.

RichardMarklew
10-11-2009, 07:00 PM
The latest version for the mac is 3.2 and is a free update from any previous version (including 2 so you can upgrade).

Richard

Sphinxthelion
10-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I-C thanx.

cresshead
10-12-2009, 12:20 AM
no- My disks got smashed by a crackhead who bashed up my room with a bat, and they were legit. And as far as the free upgrade to version 3.5 I'm not aware that pixologic gives away free upgrades. I'm new to Zbrush and this isn't my copy. But that sure doesn't make it pirated. I'm trying to learn this software. Also I don't have 600$ to blow on software as I don't make much dough. If I were to spend 600$ I would buy a new washer and dryer so I don't have to go to the laundromat.

by your own admission it's not your copy...so it does not belong to you..so you have no right to use it at all.
it is in fact a 'copy' or a pirated clone of someone's actual installer which THEY paid for.

if i were you i'd uninstall it....then save up for it and buy it, if you really want to use it.

if you don't think it's worth it...don't use it.

if you WANT to do sculpting and have zero cash then go and download Blender, it is FREEWARE open source so costs nothing at all and can sculpt, animate, model etc...sounds ideal for your current situation.

http://www.mixolydian.biz/MyImages/Ranocchio2.jpg

link to blender>>

http://www.blender.org/

quick how to sculpt in blender
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8QZmw_Da7s

RobW720
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM

yar har harrr! a pirate be yee!

gotta agree on the blender option, or save up for legit software.

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.