PDA

View Full Version : Pymel

fezo
10-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I was woundering if anyone can help me. Im trying to install and load Pymel but for the life of its doing my head in. I have been to the official site with the instructions but they are bloody baffling. How can I see if pymel is installed correctly or not?

stooch
10-11-2009, 01:08 AM
I was woundering if anyone can help me. Im trying to install and load Pymel but for the life of its doing my head in. I have been to the official site with the instructions but they are bloody baffling. How can I see if pymel is installed correctly or not?

try to import a pymel module... if its installed you should be able to use its modules.

the instructions are not that bad via the "easy" method, just make sure your install location isnt write protected and you have permissions to access it.

on vista and windows 7 those locations may have to be unlocked at first. go right click, properties, security and make sure your account has full access to the installation folder.

other than that, installing pymel is as easy as adding a sys path to point to the root folder that contains your pymel folder and doing an import.

I do that with a python script which detects my usb thumbdrive and adds my eclipse dev folder on my thumbdrive (which has a copy of pydev in it) to the system paths in maya. THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO DO to get pymel working on an otherwise virgin installation of maya.

fezo
10-11-2009, 09:05 AM
thx all sorted , much appreciated.:).

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2009, 09:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.