PDA

View Full Version : can't zoom out fo full document resolution

NordicNinja
10-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Hey guys, :wavey:

I'm having a problem with Zbrush 3.1. I'm trying to get a decent resolution render out of Zbrush so I can print (8.5 x 11) without any aliasing issues. So heres the deal...

1) I change the document resolution to 8000 x 6000 (maximum?)
2) I zoom out as far as I can
3) I draw in my model and scale it so that it takes up most of the viewport
4) I export the document to a PSD

So the problem is that when I open the file in photoshop the model only takes up a small portion of the canvas (about 2000 pixels across). However, Zbrush wont let me zoom out any farther so I have no way of telling how big the model actually is on the canvas. Plus even if I scale the model so that its much larger than the viewport it still comes out very small in the rendered image. :hmm:

I'm at a total loss as to whats going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

NordicNinja
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Nevermind, I just got an answer from one of the guys over at zbrushcentral. I'll post his reply here so anybody searching with the same issue will find it.

"if you use Zapplink you can store a location of your model in relation to the canvas.

so if you set your canvas for say. 800x600 and then make the model take up that space. Then store that view in a custom view for Zapplink.

change the document size to 8kx6k and put the model back on the canvas, go into edit mode, then apply the custom view you just stored. That will/should make your model take up the same space as it did when the canvas was small enough for you to work at.

If you don't have Zapplink, it's in the DL center. The options for Zapplink are located inside the document panel.

I hope that helps.

-goast666"

With a little reading from the included ZAppLink PDF I was able to get it to work. :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.