PDA

View Full Version : Not so smart question about CG C from Nvidia ....

Jamaludin
08-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Hello guys,

well I am very new in this well area to call it that way, I just had some questions that if answered would make me very happy :scream:

I just read the topic Cg c from Nvidia and I was already busy with well doing research and trying to learn and learn as much as possible about everything that has to do with well making games to call it so. I was thinking then is this Cg C alone sufficient for making a stand alone game or is this language only for programming the graphical side of a game and not the rest. Thus do I need another tool/application/SDK or what so ever to implement things made with Cg C to make a standalone game or something like it ?

So what do these things really mean. Im sorry to post something like this here but im so eager to learn and things are already getting confusing from this point :eek: It would be great if someone was willing to help me out in any way. In advance thanks allot !! :blush:

shrimp_chip
08-12-2003, 10:33 PM
cg is much less than you were hoping it would be.

It only handles a very small portion of the graphics part of a game.

You still need to write the game itself, including most of the graphics code, in some other language.

As a beginner, you might want to check out the language Dark Basic -- http://www.darkbasic.com/ . Dark basic is designed to make it very easy to write video games.

Jamaludin
08-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the quick reply so I thought so it was only for graphics programming that is why it was in this forum for lol, thanks anyways. So I can code sort of an engine with Cg c and then I need a language like Java or C++ to implement it to a code and make it functional. Thanks for the reply man could anyone then perhaps give me a bit of advice which tools I need and links to them perhaps, to well start creating games so I mean the graphics programming side and the assembly side of this process ? Thanks alot in advance !:p

Zastrozzi
08-13-2003, 10:04 AM
cg c lets you write shaders be it pixel or vertex which can then be implimented by an engin that has that abilitiy to apply these kind of shaders to surfaces

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.