PDA

View Full Version : Reactor tutorials?

Omniscient
08-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know where to find good Reactor tutorials?

Omniscient
08-15-2003, 05:36 AM
I guess there arent really any tutorials on how to use reactor...

Tooka
08-15-2003, 09:33 AM
I believe the samples which are supported by MAX itself are good tutorials! All you need is just to open them!^_^

youknowjack
08-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Which effect are you aiming for? (rigid, cloth, rope, fracture)

Just want to know what most people want to do with reactor but can't so I might be able to write one that's useful to you.

Omniscient
08-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Im kinda wondering how to use the rope modifier, and fracture.

Hey tooka, I never noticed those there, are there any tutorials to go along with them? If not they are still great for learning, thanks!

FatAssasin
08-15-2003, 10:41 PM
There used to be a Reactor tutorial on 3dluvr.com, but I can't find it now. Looks like they took down the tutorials section. :thumbsdow

Omniscient
08-16-2003, 12:16 AM
Also I was wondering how to apply a reactor water modifier to a plane, its done in one of the tutorial files but i cant figure it out.

youknowjack
08-16-2003, 05:24 AM
Haha, I was just playing with reactor water this morning.

Here's a quick solution:

After you have run the simulation with water.
Create a plane and use BIND TO SPACEWARP and bind
reactor water to the plane.

Also notice you can change the altitude of the water in modify table(the z scale of the water)

For rope, you have to apply normalize spline everytime before you turn it into a rope so that the rope has SEGMENTS to deform.

I didn't get too deep with reactor too.
Hope I helped you in some way.
And maybe discover more part of reactor.

JACK

-ahh, I got the msblast worm! aiya [off topic, sorry]

Omniscient
08-16-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by youknowjack
Haha, I was just playing with reactor water this morning.

Here's a quick solution:

After you have run the simulation with water.
Create a plane and use BIND TO SPACEWARP and bind
reactor water to the plane.

Also notice you can change the altitude of the water in modify table(the z scale of the water)

For rope, you have to apply normalize spline everytime before you turn it into a rope so that the rope has SEGMENTS to deform.

I didn't get too deep with reactor too.
Hope I helped you in some way.
And maybe discover more part of reactor.

JACK

-ahh, I got the msblast worm! aiya [off topic, sorry]

Thanks man, you helped a lot.

hany-land
12-23-2003, 11:11 PM
did any one know how i can make opject with reactor2 dynamecs
move with bipad walk.. ,or any keyframed moved opjects .... ?

buzzlightyr
01-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Does anyone know how to get a dress to work with reactor on a woman as she walks:scream:

BartokDesign
01-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Hey buzz , u have to use cloth and meshselect to add some verts to rigid body . well im not sure I would like to see a tutorial about this :shrug:

buzzlightyr
01-19-2004, 12:26 PM
BartokDesign,, trust me reactor cant do something that detailed well if at all have to wait for sim cloth or by clothfx:rolleyes:

philipho
02-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi there, I'm not a pro or anything, infact i'm a student, i know this may be a bit late but i found this forum while i was looking for the solution to the same problem. After ages i found out how to do this in reactor, the problem is that when you are animating a character, the character needs to be added to a MDcoll (mesh deform collection) not a rigid body, this way the cloth interacts with the character mesh. hope that helps :)

Naughty
02-26-2005, 04:13 PM
on www.turbosquid.com there is a 2 houers training video on reactor i belive it cost 29$

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.