PDA

View Full Version : Blood: The last vampire in Live Action!

SheepFactory
08-12-2003, 08:36 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/image/ronnywublood.jpg

This might be interesting:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15828

samgrice
08-12-2003, 08:42 PM
no, this will suck (no pun intended). here comes another cheesey hollywood horror film.:thumbsdow

ambient-whisper
08-12-2003, 08:51 PM
yeah. :/ the anime wasnt all too great story wise. dont expect this to be too great.

PhilOsirus
08-12-2003, 09:06 PM
I didn't like that movie. This could be some cheap FOX serie.

SheepFactory
08-12-2003, 09:10 PM
the anime didnt have any story whatsoever :)

I am hoping the movie will , and we all know that everyone will go see the movie if only to see the hot chick in highschool uniform killing vampires :D

It can't be worse than Gigli anyway :)

Ali

mattregnier
08-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Why are you guys slamming the anime??? If you knew everything behind it you would know that it was only an attempt, a short so-to-speak, if it caught on then the full (animated movie) would be made, which is actually happening now, so I have no idea why they would even think of doing a live action flick... The anime was great imo, and you have to take it for what it was, a vampire action flick...

erilaz
08-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory

I am hoping the movie will , and we all know that everyone will go see the movie if only to see the hot chick in highschool uniform killing vampires :D

Ali

You got that right!:)

I never really enjoyed the story, but I liked the mood and the overall animation. Where the heck was that plot???? The ploooooooooot!!! Still, I own it on DVD so I've only got myself to blame.

It's VERY rare that a vampire film is any good.

ambient-whisper
08-12-2003, 10:37 PM
blade is good :)

the problem with blood was that the blot was completely missing.. and so you would think the action would be good. but it completely failed in that regard as well until the very end.:/

but yeah the animation was well done.

rich novak
08-13-2003, 03:32 AM
blood: the last vampire rules. it's got a ton of story but it's all hidden in the details. it's master storytelling that isn't some brainless tournament fight or giant robots (or a combination of the two...)

blood's real strength lies in it's silence. look at the details places around the short film to get the story behind it.

the live movie could never do the anime justice.

noisewar
08-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by rich novak
blood: the last vampire rules. it's got a ton of story but it's all hidden in the details. it's master storytelling that isn't some brainless tournament fight or giant robots (or a combination of the two...)

blood's real strength lies in it's silence. look at the details places around the short film to get the story behind it.

the live movie could never do the anime justice.

ZZZzzzzzz..... no plot..... mrmrmrm.... zzzz.... boring....

To the guy who said we would have to know what went into it, all I can say is in entertainment, you are judged by if you entertained, not that you intended to. The animation was only good in a few parts stuck between slabs of filler, and the nonexistent plot made even a "short" outlast its welcome. A good vampire flick? How about Vampire Hunter D, Blade 1, and Dracula.

Mangalore
08-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Uhmmm... Blood the last Vampire was a short movie.
Short movies never have any kind of obvious plot. They don't have the time for it. They're the equivalent to short stories afterall where you're just thrown into a situation/world/whatever.

So what do you expect? For a short movie it was great, for a full-feature movie it was nothing. This is normal for short movies.

Gregwid
08-13-2003, 11:41 AM
I'm burnt out on them all actually.I need me something more fresh new.Blade was way too contrived as well.:hmm:

samgrice
08-13-2003, 12:47 PM
Yeah blood was very good, its was just too damn short thatís all.

There is not much point in making a live action version, especially since its about vampires. Iím really looking forward to the neon genesis film though, but most animes should stay as animes. I wouldn't mind seeing a live action version of ledged of the overfiend though, like to see them do that one:applause:

PhilOsirus
08-13-2003, 01:24 PM
I prefered Vampire Hunter D, that one had class:)

E.T
08-13-2003, 02:13 PM
im gonna add my "this is what ithink" here:

Blood: Beautifully rendered, and excellently animated. Not much of a story, although some interesting concepts. I was totally entertained by the artwork, as im sure many of us on cgtalk would be. But when it ended i went :huh? say what?

Vampire hunter D: Class? Where? Ugly, and like blood, left you feeling you jumped to the middle of a story and got out before it had ended.

And thats the truth ;)

urgaffel
08-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Hmm... You people seem to forget that Blood: The last vampire (anime) was part of a larger whole. There are game(s?), books and manga. They are all connected, part of the same bigger story. Unfortunately, all we get in the west is the anime, which means we miss out on the rest of the story. Unless you know japanese of course...

Good vampire stuff? Add the new Vampirehunter D movie, Bloodlust, to that list :)

Lee3dee
08-13-2003, 03:26 PM
good way to kill a good anime, make it a lousy movie. Then it will be pg-13, with green or pink blood. Throw in some men dressed as gorillas, some hi-tech laser guns and you've got a sequel to Congo. hahahaha

mattregnier
08-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Holy crap a live action D movie, now that would be the uber!

Boone
08-14-2003, 06:47 PM
"Blood : The Last Vampire" is in a word a "Hollywood Killer"...

...Thats if they can make the story just slightly stronger:rolleyes:

gnarlycranium
08-15-2003, 02:02 AM
The style and look of the Blood anime was magnificent.. what the heck does anybody gain by making the thing live action? Bad, bad idea. Especially if the story doesn't improve.. then they'd be taking away the one thing that made it a decent movie in the first place.

erikals
08-18-2003, 11:06 AM
"Blood" might have had a bad story, but still, I think it wasn't all that bad. Some of the animation was in my opinion almost "revolutionary".

Making a film out of it? I think it can bee really cool if the storyline is good enough. From there it's up to the director /actors and artists.

Could be cool / Could be bad.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.