PDA

View Full Version : how to get the name of goalGeometry

websdas
10-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi, everybody, i would like to write a mel script which can make a particle collision to the goal objects automatically. However, i don't kmow how to get the name of goal geometry which the particle was goaled. When i use "getAttr particleShape.goalGeometry", there was an error : "The attribute is compound with mixed type elements". Does it mean that there are more than one different type of attributes i could get from this comments? And how could i get the name of goalGeometry so that i could achieve my mel? Please help, thanks a lot!!!

TheRispo
10-09-2009, 04:21 PM
sorry... not a mel wizard.. something that ocurrs to me that could help is selecting manually the goal objects and pasing them to an array, something like this:
string $mySel[] = `ls -sl`;
so you can later on just call them depending on the order you selected them.

Also.. you could try "getParticleAttr" command.. but I think it only works on PerParticle attributes, so that's probably not the best option.

and don't forget these little guys when querying something ---> ``

hope that helps

arkangel-fx
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Thats because goalGeometry is an array. Maybe you can get it by querying goalGeometry[i]

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.