PDA

View Full Version : Crimestoppers TV :60

anim8tr
10-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey all,

I rarely post finished stuff or WIP for that matter. I'm mostly a reader and not a poster per se. We (my colleague and I) just completed a spot that had some extensive compositing and VFX that were turned around in a short amount of time and I thought it would be cool to share it with all of you.

It's mostly a VFX spot, with some CG thrown in for the "money shot", so I know it's not totally digital animation. I apologize if this is the wrong area and if there is another forum better suited to post in, let me know.

A little background. We shot the spot on the RED cam in 1 night. The bullet sequence was put together in about 2 days (thanks to Andrew Kramer's tutorial) with some further exploration of the technique. The bullet hits on and in the house - along with color grading, sound design were completed on the 3rd day. Budget was under $4k, and 4 days worth of work. It was a heap of fun to work on.

Would really like to see what you guys think. Feedback, comments, critiques.

Crimestoppers TV (http://www.vimeo.com/6954817)

Regards,
Ian

anthonymcgrath
10-11-2009, 09:30 PM
nicely shot piece of work mate - well done to you and your team :) My only small gripe is the final graphic which feels so bolted on - especially after seeing that nice graphic on the road - I was expecting something very similar but I understand the nature of tv graphics and its communication needs having done it an awful lot in the past myself :thumbsup:

anim8tr
10-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Thank you for your comments.

I agree with the the feeling of it being "bolted" on. Sometimes, they (the client) just wants their sig/logo to be huge and easily visible. We were getting down to the wire, so simple sometimes is the best solution for the moment.

Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2009, 02:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.