PDA

View Full Version : character design

Vassago
05-16-2002, 06:30 AM
I haven't drawn in forever, mainly because I suck at it ;)

This is a quick concept I did late at work tonight. Very early/rough still, so when I get the change I will finish the drawing and render it up a bit. Feel free to critique it as much as you like.

http://digital.oktagone.net/temp/cc_01.jpg

alchoi
05-16-2002, 07:40 AM
Man ... I wouldn't be so harsh ...

From what I can see here ... you can draw ...

Nice dynamic lines ... cool pose, very expressive ...

Nice and loose and rough ... giving you something solid to build on ..

Nice grip on the pole ... believe it or not ... a lot of people can't get that right ...

If anything, stay loose and draw through your character a bit more ... don't be afraid to draw the hidden line stuff ... especially at this stage of the sketch ...

Nice work ...

RDK
05-21-2002, 04:53 PM
nice work vass.

CANIM8
05-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Not bad at all man! You definitely don't suck...:shame:

You should check out my one and only 2D character concept I was brave enough to put on my site to really define suckitude. I tend to stick to 3D and avoid drawing as well..but I find that the more time I spend drawing the easier it gets.

The hand grabbing the pole needs to be refined a bit ..other than that it's a nice start.

Good Luck !

Clay

elfufu
05-22-2002, 07:50 PM
needs tightening, dont be hard on yourself... it looks ok, heres the same exact drawing you did, with some refining i did in a couple minutes without changing any proportions or any of the main lines. just needs so refining.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.