PDA

View Full Version : Instancer Animated Object Issue

relliott3
10-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi All,

I'm trying to do an animation where a bunch of boxes build themselves on the screen. I'm thinking I can do this with particles to put the boxes where I want them and then use the instancer to replace the particles with a 10 animation of a box building itself. The particles build on the way I want them to. My problem is that you don't see the animation of the box when particles appear past 10 frames. The box just pops on. Is there a setting in the instancer that will play each box appearance from frame 0 instead of the current frame of the animation?

Thanks,
Rob

apoc519
10-08-2009, 01:24 AM
You can't offset animation curves for each instance. So if the original is animated from frame 0-10, they will all do that.

You can have 10 different box models at different stages of opening and have the instancer cycle through those. The only downside to that I can think of is you don't get motion blur on the lid which probably isn't a big deal

You need to make a custom per-particle attribute that counts to ten over ten frames and then plug that into "objectIndex" which is in the instancer section of the particleShape

CGTalk Moderation
10-08-2009, 01:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.