PDA

View Full Version : sideshow - character - Hirigashi

Lee3dee
08-12-2003, 03:38 PM
hey all, back again for another challenge :)

Just reserving my spot.

Character Idea

A saiamese clown, with 2 heads attached at the eye. so that the outer eye's can look either direction, and the center eye always looks forward. one face has a evil grin, while the other has a friendly smile. His shoes would be worn, with rotting toes sticking out the front. He'd be wearing a clown outfit, with suspenders held up by hands. His buttons would be made of different body parts that he's collected over the years. he would be wearing white gloves with blood stains on them.

Just some ideas, if anyone has any good thoughts, im looking for addition inspiration. concept art is in the early stages.

Prs-Phil
08-12-2003, 10:08 PM
hehe I like the idea that you capture chizopheria like that in a way that you present it as something laughable but still not really funny.

Nice

baaah888
08-13-2003, 12:55 AM
nice idea, similar to one of my concepts i was thinking of, but more evil (clowns are evilto me i hate them.) cool idea for the eyes,

and remember the siamese twin on the left is always the evil one, apparently.

just an idea, really contrasting hair styles for each side, like black pointy for the evil one and red and curly for the happy one, just a thought.

gotta work out if i have time to do this challenge but i'll certainly be checking in. hope to see a pic soon.

Lee3dee
08-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Prs-Phil: Thx for your kind words, I have always liked clowns, you never know when they will change their personalities. :)

baaah888: I didn't know evil head is on the left, and i like the idea of different hair styles for each head. would give it alot of personality. those are great ideas :)

Been looking at alot of ref pics for the clown twins and hair styles. Going to start drawing tonight. I'll be posting a pic soon, to get some feedback :)

ionanism
08-16-2003, 11:30 PM
It might be cool to have a partially formed arm in the middle of them that just hangs limp, or they have to fight for control of it, Kinda like some Idol hands thing. Maybe it has a mind of its own and just acts all crazy, like there is a 3rd twin between them that can only control that arm, but looking at it(the clown)there only seems like there is 2 (you know what I mean). The only visible evidence of the 3rd one is the arm.

Well all of that really wouldn’t be to apparent just by looking at him as a model, you would have to animate it to really notice it all. Anyway just thought it would be cool.

Lee3dee
08-19-2003, 09:02 PM
ionanism: Those were some great ideas, I liked the extra arm, and built upon it. :)

Here's my concept art with a description because my drawing skills are a bit rough.

http://www.lee3dee.com/contents/wip/clown/concept_01.jpg

The clown has 2 faces, the 2 of them share 1 eye. they have a belly button, that has another arm sticking out of it, holding a lolly pop. Kids like lollypops :) The fingers and toes are going to be half skin, half bones. Im not sure on the color of the shirt, but i was thinking it would be a pale yellow, which dark red spots, but still playing with the idea.

crits welcome:applause:

melmann
08-19-2003, 10:54 PM
sweet! Freaky stuff man!:thumbsup:

ionanism
08-20-2003, 08:06 AM
Nice concept, I like it. But I don’t know if its just me but doesn’t the 3rd arm kinda look like your uh…um…well your”3rd leg” if you know what I mean. It is cool and sick, but there’s nothing wrong with a little sickness in a challenge about freaks. Keep it up, I not saying that you should change it at all, I just couldn’t help but to point that out, but maybe I just have a sick imagination.

Lee3dee
08-22-2003, 02:02 AM
sick imagination is gooood! :) Man, works been hell this week, haven't even started modeling yet :blush: Going to start tomorow, cause its friday, and most of my animation for work has caught up.

will post this weekend

Lee3dee
08-25-2003, 01:25 PM
I've been looking forward to getting my feet wet in anonther challenge. work last week was crazy busy, and this weeks going to be worse. lots of animations to do, in such a short time ;(. I'm not going to be able to join in this time. I got as far as concept tho ;). good luck to everyone, i'll be watching your progress.

lee

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.