PDA

View Full Version : Action item linked to script?

FightingBee
10-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey. Recently I found an interesting script, and during the instalation process, I need to follow that step:

"Install Advanced Painter action item (found under 'Painter' category) to your toolbar, main menu bar, or quadmenu. Please refer your 3ds max documentation for more information on action item installation."

I understand that this "action item" links my script with a toolbar tool, so I can set it. The problem is, that in 3ds max help I cannot find any mention about "action item". Nor in google. Maybe it is some other thing, that author named that way?

I don`t know what to do, to make it work. This is very important to me. Can anybody give me a hint, please?

PiXeL_MoNKeY
10-07-2009, 04:27 PM
You need to go to Customize > Customize User Interface... From here you need to pick the tab for how you want to access the script (Hotkey, Toolbar, Quad, or Menu). From there change the Category drop-down to 'Painter'. The script should be listed there and you can assign it as needed. For more information look in the Maxscript Help under "Macroscripts for New Users".

-Eric

FightingBee
10-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Thank you closet monkey ;).

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2009, 08:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.