PDA

View Full Version : Still: Pretty logo

drunkirishmic
08-12-2003, 12:45 PM
is this a pretty logo?

http://www.drunkirishmic.com/CGTalk/stewdiomedia.jpg

mehdianim
08-12-2003, 01:05 PM
It looks nice big, but does it look as clear when it's the size of an avatar. I am assuming the logo would appear on bizcards, demo tapes and so forth...
For that matter I'd keep the set up and try making it more simplistic if it's supposed to be a logo.
Try tracing it with vector graphics and playing with negative and positive spaces.
Also the message i get from it is Industrial design. And even then the plexiglas and plastic materials suggest more a college level industrial designer. What is it your studio does? (I only found one studio media website online and it was japanese established in 1987...i don't think that's you is it ?)
Actually the validity of my comments depend on what the purpose of your logo is.

RichardB
08-13-2003, 02:39 AM
In my opinion, no.

It's very busy- the transparent edges of the 'm' intersect with each other and throw up all these different shades, and then this complicated shadow joins in and already I can't tell what the shapes are anymore.

The 'm' is not clear: it could be an 'n' or a lower case 'r'

It's completely high res, full-colour dependant: I can't see it working as a screen, or a transfer; newsprint would kill it (so no newspaper ads or yellow pages adverts) and even letterhead stationary would have to be high res coated and photoscreened- not cheap.

It gives no character as to the nature of the business; the 's' makes me think of a freeway; maybe this is a road-building company?

How does it work in black and white? In 2 colours? The size of a postage stamp? The side of a building? One corner of a business card?

Finally the feel. It looks complicated yet flimsy. Is that the way you want the company perceived?

Nice model. Not so nice logo.

Rb

drunkirishmic
08-13-2003, 05:46 AM
thanks guys. the guy liked it, but felt it was not going in the direction the company wanted, so i scrapped it and now back to square 1.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.