PDA

View Full Version : Modeling this kind of hair for animation [Maya]

Alpert
10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
hello,

i'm planning to model this guy:

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1342/gaara21sm1.jpg

I'm also planning to rig and animate him, so i can practice modeling,rigging and animating at once.

I would like to know if some of you had modelled a character like that and how you handled the hair. Is it just a seperate piece geometry that you put on top of the head and place bones later on only for the main strands of hair. I know this wouldnt be the way if I'm going for high-res but keep in mind that i plan to animate him later. And i can only render on one machine :).

The other thing is his white cloth that goes from his upperbody to his waist and from there to his shin. Modeling won't be a problem but animating/rigging it. Would you run an nCloth simulation or do you rig it with bones?

Thank you for reading and I apologize for my bad english. I try to explain as best as I can.
Also, if you have evr modeled Gaara from Naruto, feel free to PM me so you can give me advice.

wwswimming
10-07-2009, 08:45 PM
starting out with a polygon sphere ... deleting where the skin would be ... pulling out selected vertices to get the spikey hair effect ... toon-style rendering ... manual keyframing to give the hair some motion, however looks good.

CGTalk Moderation
10-07-2009, 08:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.