PDA

View Full Version : unwrap for maya?

Parasite7
05-16-2002, 04:41 AM
any plugins for unwrapping or short cuts people know of. i don't want to waste time doin that. i just want to get to texturing

spakman
05-16-2002, 05:31 AM
I'd check out highend3d.com. They've got tips and stuff for that. But you're pretty much hosed. UVing is a huge pain in Maya. Mirai's pretty much the only app that got poly texturing right...

prototyp3
05-16-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by spakman
Mirai's pretty much the only app that got poly texturing right...
How is it implemented any differently than most other packages? Links or a simple explanation would be wonderful. Thanks.

MosaFacku
05-16-2002, 09:37 AM
what exactly happened to mirai? i remember reading about it and getting all excited a loooooooong time ago. but now, i haven't heard anything about it.

Ivars
05-16-2002, 10:32 AM
USE THE GODDAMN UV-EDITOR!!! Itīs a 1000 times better than MAX Unwrap.

Vic3k
05-16-2002, 11:21 AM
use the god dman XSI uv-editor, it's 1000 times better than maya's :)

Ivars
05-16-2002, 12:59 PM
hehe, havenīt tried it. So that would make it a million times better than MAX:s?

Vic3k
05-16-2002, 02:24 PM
you catching on pritty fast :buttrock:

-wT-
05-16-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by MosaFacku
what exactly happened to mirai? i remember reading about it and getting all excited a loooooooong time ago. but now, i haven't heard anything about it.

Well that's about what happened to it. When "put-the-name-of-a-progie-that-suits-the-best-here" program was released, it had revolutionary tools and everybody were exciting about it, but programs won't excite ppl for long as new progies and tools come out all the time. Mirai just haven't got any updates whatsoever for a loooooooong time... but I still love it's tools, even when it's so god damn hard to use :)

And except that I think the modeling tools are superb, and heard (and partially seen) that the animation tools are too, I gotta try out the texturing in it, if those tools are that good too :)

mr.bean
05-19-2002, 04:19 AM
the funny thing is... mirai still has a revolutionary approach.

i don't understand why everyone has not ripped it off completely.

only bits and pieces appear here or there ... and it so happens to be mostly the good stuff too.

people keep on asking for mirai tools in xsi and maya but only scripts get released no real implemented toolsets. could it be a copyright/patent thing maybe?

-wT-
05-19-2002, 12:38 PM
No offence mr.bean, but is it bad only scripts get released? Atleast MEL seems to be very powerful scripting language and you can do your own tools with it easily. Or do you mean the scripts still lack some of the workflow/tools you'd want to get implemented?

When I think about it, Mirai does have excelent tools, but the way you move/scale/rotate for an example is just so slow if you haven't practiced tons and tons. I know ppl who know Mirai in and out (Like Bay Raitt, Ambient Whisper...) can do stuff lightning fast, but I just need my manipulators to move/scale/do basic stuff :). That's why I would still be very happy if only the tools would get scripted in (And I'm planning on doing my own scripts sometime, abit like MAX's Meshtools, which would contain some tools from Mirai/Nendo)

MosaFacku
05-19-2002, 10:12 PM
i've never had access to mirai, what's so great? what are the tools? are the uv tools better than like deep uv and deep paint? im content with maya's tools but anything to make my job quicker is always cool.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.