PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow - Character - ElysiumGX

ElysiumGX
08-12-2003, 08:02 AM
Skeleton Girl:surprised

ElysiumGX
08-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Raised in an abusive family, Jennie was always ignored. Her mother and father forced her to do all the house work while her brothers and sisters played outside. Each day she prepared food for the family, and then sat aside while they ate, hoping for left overs. They never left much for her. She was never given anything, forced to use old rags as clothes.
One day Jennie refuses to work. Her siblings begin screaming at her, calling her "useless". Still, she refuses to work. In anger, her father swings his fist, yelling at her to "get out". The blow breaks her jaw, and sends her running from the house screaming in pain.
A week later, a Traveling Circus finds Jennie on the side of the road crying and begging for food. She's a horrible site, old rags hanging off skin and bones. Still her beautiful blue eyes show the soul of a sweet little girl. The Circus takes her in. Metal plates are fastened to her jaw to keep it closed, allowing her only to eat the soup the Circus provides.
The care of the Circus family gives Jennie back her health, but she remains very thin. To help care for herself, Jennie joins the Freakshow as the "Skeleton Girl". Many of her new friends name her "Skinny Jinny". For once in her life, Jennie is loved. Her act in the Circus provides a comfortable living. She lives an enjoyable life with her children and loving husband.
---------------------

I know, I'm not a writer.

Stygian
08-15-2003, 05:31 AM
hey at least it has a happy ending :thumbsup:

ionanism
08-17-2003, 12:21 AM
Sounds cool, Id like to see some drawings of her… I hope you keep the metal jaw thing, it would make her look cool. Make them big (the metal jaw plates) covering up the whole bottom part of her face, with some holes or slits in them so she can drink stuff through them. That would be cool, make them rusty to from all the fluids.

Just a though. But that’s probably what you had in mind anyway.

ElysiumGX
09-10-2003, 04:43 AM
I'm still here. Quick doodle and photoshop fun.

http://www.elysiumvisions.com/images/jennie/jennie01.jpg

I may change the concept for the model to better fit within the rules. I'll have to look for a better hair style for the time period, as well as tattered clothing. I think she needs to be skinnier too.

mindrot
09-10-2003, 08:42 AM
This could be quite cool.... you should maybe go and do a bit of research on anorexia. I'm also quite sure there are many images all over the internet. This could add quite a psychological twist to her. :)

ElysiumGX
09-15-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by mindrot
This could be quite cool.... you should maybe go and do a bit of research on anorexia.

Hehe...I've done my research. Trust me, it's quite disturbing.:surprised

This model was actually based on a friend I'm going to visit very soon. She is very skinny and pale, and most of her jaw is metal due to many surgeries. Her name is Jenn and she hates her family. I took some reference shots of her recently, and I was using them to build this character.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to finish my entry. I haven't had any luck with these game competitions since they became official. But I will finish the model in the future for my friend, and share it here.

I live on the southern coast of North Carolina in the US. With the threat of Isabel blowing closer, I'm packing my things and leaving soon. There is a good chance that my home won't survive the winds, so I'm going to visit some friends more inland.

See you on the other side. Good luck to everyone else.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.