alan1205
08-12-2003, 07:16 AM
maya 5.0 Vector Rendering ---> swf

swf -> can include shaders ??

thx~~~

The Cross
08-12-2003, 07:40 AM
I'm not sure.

So far from what i've seen is, the Vector renderer is more of a hardware renderer. Also it can be used for Cell shading 3D objects for a 2D look.You can select how many shades will be in the render and it pretty much adds the different colours automatically. Lighting also is appearant. Maybe there is a mode for sahders, Or maybe if you add a shader it will look normal,with the added compression.

But that's a maybe.

i'll tell ya though. That Vector renderer and it's adaptabilities will open doors, and it will increase the amount of 3D artist out there. That's when the people are going to start to get reeeal picky with the digital arts. 3D in particular.

alan1205
08-12-2003, 08:46 AM
My project use flash + maya

so use Render Vector but i tested just color is muti-color (no shaders or picture)

but I say thx...

I will try it~~~

lricho
08-12-2003, 11:37 AM
It tries its best to do shaders. You need to set it to mesh gradient, and have a fairly dense mesh for it to work properly though. Even then, it doesnt render the shaders like software render does. But if it did, whats the point of it?
A word of warning though - this method creates rather large swf files.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.