PDA

View Full Version : Fake Modifier / Null Modifier

Floating_Inkpot
10-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I would like to create a Fake or "null" modifier. A modifier wich does nothing and display nothing, where i could put some custom attributes as i like.

I want to do this because in my opinion, adding customattributes to the base object can become difficult to read...
Exemple : I add a custom attribute to my object wich is an EditPoly, When i go to the modifier panel, there are a lot of rollouts already there : Selection, SoftSelection, Edit Geometry etc...
And at the bottom of everything i can see my custom attribute...

I search a modifier wich has no rollouts at all and does nothing so i can add my custom attributes and they will be easily viewable by the user.

The XForm modifier is one of these modifiers with no UI at all. but i think it does some modifications to the object wich i prefer not to happen ;)

Is it possible to create such a null modificator ? or is there another way to improve visibility and accessibility of custom attributes ?

Thanks,

LoneRobot
10-05-2009, 12:35 PM
you need to use the attribute holder modifier :cool:

PEN
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Ya the Attribute Holder has been around for years. You can also use PEN Attribute Holder 2 from my site. It give you options and tools for working with you CA defs parameters that makes them easier to work with during animation.

SyncViewS
10-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Mind that Attribute Holder Modifier in MaxScript is called EmptyModifier. It took a while to figure that out since it's buried in the Reference.

(
AttHoldMod = EmptyModifier()
addModifier $ AttHoldMod
)
- Enrico

Floating_Inkpot
10-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Thank you so much for the fast responses :) i will try that out !

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2009, 02:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.