PDA

View Full Version : particle for Butterfly

Akashoncg
10-05-2009, 05:38 AM
i have a Butterfly in maya and needs to emit particle when it'll fly , it has be seen many times in movies and ads, but here i want different look, there is growing plant and flower around a wood, so as it started growing butterfly will start flying, and i want some beautiful comes out from the butterfly tail, i have post 3 images here, 2 from "cloudy with a chance of meat balls " and other is from a showreel for references , if i have to emit those type of what should i do ? like very colorfull foggy type output like in cloudy with a chance of meat balls ..... or the other in the showreel..... what would easy for this work and for mental ray . . how can i do that... i dont know about creating long script so... if u know and tell any that creats such effect pls , i will use. thank u

Aikiman
10-05-2009, 06:10 AM
The purple one appears to be Navier Stokes method and looks alot like Maya fluids. If you like the very organic fluidy look and know a bit about Maya fuids, id use that.

Akashoncg
10-06-2009, 04:22 PM
thanx for another reply. sorry to say Aikiman but i really didn't use much fluids in maya, i use particle and rest i do in after effect and fusion, so i can't do it with fluid, if u wish and have time then tell me the short process how it will be done i'm new to fluids but not maya so i can do if anyone tell d process. otherwise i'll definitely go to tutorials and research and try to make it. again thank u so much for ur support.

arkangel-fx
10-07-2009, 08:43 PM
If you use AFX, You could get away with exporting a locator parented to the butterfly and then creating some smoke with particular. If that's not an option, you can use any of these 3 methods:
1. Particles using pCloud shader.
2. Particles using fluidShader.
3. Actual Fluids.

arkangel-fx
10-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Here you have a quick 5 minutes test using particles with pcloud.

SebKaine
10-07-2009, 10:15 PM
if you have some time check david tutorial , you can achieve exactly the same look as your ref with this technics.

http://agentfx.blogspot.com/2009/05/overburn-technique-video-tutorial.html

other way is to take a nice smoke footage , make a nice black and white 2d texture and start with sprite, and multiply the b&w texture with a color ramp connect to particle age

but with david tutorial you have everything to get the result you want in a few hours ...

goodluck !

Aikiman
10-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Have you tried using a fluid as a field on particles? You could set your particle shader up the way you want and get some nice velocity swirling motion from the fluid, then apply some distort filters in post.

CGTalk Moderation
10-07-2009, 10:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.