PDA

View Full Version : Staying focused in Online Classes

eraser851
10-04-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm looking at taking some online classes for Visual Effects & Motion Graphics, but I'm very very hesitant about starting because I fear It'll be A LOT harder to stay focused in an Online setting versus in-class/face-to-face and end up being a huge waste of time and money.
So, I'm wondering what those of you who have or are currently taking some online classes do to stay focused on what you're doing? What do you do to keep yourself from randomly searching the web, or whatever else.

dren
10-09-2009, 03:06 PM
I randomly surf the web no matter what lol. One thing that keeps me coming back to my classes and homework is I set my Firefox homepage to my log in screen to my online classes. Every time I open Firefox I see my school calling my name. That usually helps me. Plus you have to have a self drive to get things done on your own time. Sure, I browse the web every once in a while but when I know I have to get something done or read up on class material, I will do it without any distractions.

cartercollins04
10-19-2009, 12:57 PM
You need to be self-motivated about your goal. Whenever you start loosing concentration, think about the positives of learning, it would definitely help you to stay determined.

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2009, 12:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.