PDA

View Full Version : how do i model this scene?

himadrism
10-03-2009, 08:37 PM
please see the image below. i want to model this scene without the people...where & how should i start? how can i match the perspective of the image? please guide me so i can match the model as closely to the image in terms of camera matching. i am using MAYA....thank you.

image- http://www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/48677_5lijc/Goettingen_Marktplatz_Oct06_Antilived.jpg (http://www.imgx.org/view/full/48677_5lijc)

himadrism
10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
doesn't anyone have any ideas?

phix314
10-04-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm not really sure what kind of answer you are looking for. "How do I model this" is as much of a question as "how do I make art". I would imagine you model it like you'd model anything else.

As for the perspective match, make a camera and import that as the image plane. Make some boxes to match the location and size of the buildings as close you can, lock off that camera and start modeling.

himadrism
10-05-2009, 07:14 AM
As for the perspective match, make a camera and import that as the image plane. Make some boxes to match the location and size of the buildings as close you can, lock off that camera and start modeling.

Actually this is what i was looking for...can you please elaborate on this? thanx a lot..

Dare-o
10-06-2009, 05:47 AM
Start simple. Block in the buildings, fountain, stalls, and everything else (besides people) with simple primitive objects, to get the general idea, add detail later. To get the perspective, create a camera, then an image plane (under camera attributes), load your reference picture onto the image plane, then line up your grid (on maya) with the brick floor on your reference picture.

hope that helps.

himadrism
10-06-2009, 09:01 AM
yes....that helps...i'll post a WIP soon....thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2009, 09:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.