PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: modeler/animator for a working 3D fighting game

McBain
05-15-2002, 11:14 PM
Open position: one or two modeler/animator

Game: A project called Ignite. Ignite is a 3D fighting game similar to the Tekken series.

Qualifications:
- An enthusiast of fighting games.
- A patient, committed, and responsible team player.
- Experience with Max or any other professional modeling/animating applications.
- Experience with skeleton animation and vertex weighting.
- Experience with skinning/texturing.

Preferred:
- Located in Southern California.
- Original character designing.
- Deep understanding of fighting games.
- Anime-style.

What to expect:
- A fully playable "skeleton" game.
- Working editors for the game.
- Experience in game development.
- Your own fighting game.
- Maybe make an entry to IGF next year???

What not to expect:
- Money.
- A legit company.
- A publishing deal.
- The next "Dead or Alive 3".

Comment:
Basically, I already have a 3D fighting game engine ready with the necessary tools. I just need more textured fighters with moves. The engine itself is somewhat flexible that it could be a 2.5D fighting game like "Street Fighter EX". It'd be cool to make it into a combo-heavy "Marvel Vs. Capcom 2" game as well. It's upto the team members. Even though the purpose is to have fun and gain experience, I take this project very seriously.

The game information could be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/hyunjincho77/ignite.html

I removed the downloads because I don't want to exceed the Geocities download limit, but check out the screenshots. However, if you are interested, I'll send you the game itself after I review your work. To apply, send email to:

hyunjincho77@yahoo.com

As for me, I'm a full-time programmer at a non-gaming industry. Ignite is my part-time project. If I feel that I need additional programmers, I post another wanted ad later.

I'm making this post to Gamedev, Polycount, CG Talk, and 3D Buzz forums. If you know any other forums that I could make post to, let me know.

Parasite7
05-16-2002, 03:38 AM
is the girl in the screenshots, from no one lives forever? so ur looking for low poly like 1500 polies? for a fighting game? hmmm

shinobix
05-16-2002, 07:33 AM
I would like to apply, but I don't have a web address. Do you take demo reels? Also, are you affiliated with Seven Studios? And, finally is it a paying job, or just a fun project?
Cheers.

CADster
05-23-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by shinobix
And, finally is it a paying job, or just a fun project?
Cheers.

see below -

What not to expect:
- Money.
- A legit company.
- A publishing deal.
- The next "Dead or Alive 3".

CADster

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.