PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle AX GT

marky106
08-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Hi

this is my first post on cgtalk so I hope it works. its a model I made of a friends car, its a small european car which most of you will never have seen before. Im about to start making a scene to put it in. tell me what you think.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nathan.broderick/citax.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nathan.broderick/citside.jpg

rasmusW
08-11-2003, 09:46 PM
hey you!!!

lookks fine to me, but...

i think the weehls are a bit to grey, got no pattern and to clean. also the citroen logo, shoulden´t it be in the middle of the front? i'm not a big car fanatic so don't hang me up on that one...

but the overall is nice. can we see a wire?

rasmusW
08-11-2003, 09:51 PM
after taking another look. i think you should put some dust and scratches in all of your shaders (with different amounts, of cause), to give it a more realistic look

lesc
08-12-2003, 02:31 AM
i think i looks really good, nice work,

lesc
08-12-2003, 02:34 AM
hey, i told u that it looks good, but after having an other look i have to tell that its:

AMAZING! great work on it!

mattmos
08-12-2003, 03:37 PM
That is amazing - but far too clean to be realistic! 2 of my housemates own one each, and they are just both about to fall apart, rust and filler everywhere... ;)

marky106
08-12-2003, 06:47 PM
thanks for the tips guys. im not sure how to add the dirt and dust at the moment. any ideas? I have got a texture on the tyres but its not very clear.

the citroen logo is in the right place abyss, some have it in the centre and some off to the side depending on the year it was made. here is the wire version ( not the best pic ).

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nathan.broderick/wire3.jpg

BiTMAP
08-14-2003, 07:51 PM
your mesh is pretty heavy and could have alot of optimization, but it looks okay once renderd. You need to use alpha maps with another shader ontop of the previous shaders that are currently on your car.

jellyfish
08-14-2003, 11:34 PM
What software did you use for this piece? If it's Maya (or something with shaders like Maya) you can do like bitmap said and create a layered shader that includes a dirt texture, layered on top of your metal, with a very strong alpha map that removes most of it except in certain places. You can make the dirt texture a non-reflective lambert, this will make the dirty areas less shiny than the clean.

For scratches, you could try a very light bump map, although your map resolution would have to be very high to allow for tiny scratches. Or, since scratches are mostly color anyway you could make this another color map layered under the dirt.

Can you show us some shots of the interior, please?

jellyfish

marky106
08-15-2003, 03:12 PM
I used lightwave for the modelling, Xara X and paintshop pro for textures.

I know its alot of polys, I didnt really bother with optimising it.

thanks for the tips.

I will try to render an interior shot or a wireframe of it.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.