PDA

View Full Version : Emit Particles based on a Shape or Shapes.

FireForce
09-30-2009, 11:57 PM
I hope someone can help me with this. I would like to have a specific amount of particles emit in this case 6.3

There is a catch, if and only if the shape or shapes go beyond a value of zero would the the particles emit the rate of 6.3 particles. If the shape or shapes stays at it's current value and doesn't change, no particles are emitted only if the value on one or more the shapes (if possible) goes beyond a value of zero then and only then are particles emitted.

Thank You.

PiotrekM
10-01-2009, 04:04 AM
You can store your 'shape value' in custom variable (setdata.previousvalue) or use getdata on previous frame ( but it doesnt always work good) to check if value has changed. Everything else is math logic with and's, or's and if's ;)

FireForce
10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
You can store your 'shape value' in custom variable (setdata.previousvalue) or use getdata on previous frame ( but it doesnt always work good) to check if value has changed. Everything else is math logic with and's, or's and if's ;)

Let me get this straight before attempting :) I have to get a previousvalue node or use a get data on previous frame node then hook that into the the ICE Tree then using conditional statements which trigger to emit particles or not based on those nodes, and would it be recommended to hook the conditional statement into the emit node or ICE Tree ?

FireForce
10-02-2009, 02:23 AM
This is what I have so far. Get data with the shape that I want plugged into a Set data node into the <If true> of an <If> port. And a <Test Distance to Neighbors> for the condition. I've tested but I want to know if something is setup wrong or this appears, correct ?

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2009, 02:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.