PDA

View Full Version : Blast and explosion reflection on ocean

Akashoncg
09-30-2009, 09:57 PM
hello,:) i'm doing a scene which have Blast and explosion just above ocean . so its obvious that ocean gets reflection of blasts. i put a simple point light above ocean an set numFrequency level to Zero. then i get reflection :lightbulb of the light on ocean surface.,, but when i start explosion with fluid and maya default explosion . i didn't get any reflection,:surprised it can be done with after effect but if it can be possible in maya then it will look more natural..means reflection will flow with ocean.:cool: how can i do it . its important .and i have to end this work imediately. thank u :bowdown:

Aikiman
10-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi,

By default the Raytracing is turned off for both your ocean and Render Globals. Also you will need to turn on Visible in reflections for your fluid shape under the render stats on your fluid. To heighten the reflectivity on your ocean you can bump up the refraction index to at least 3 on the Ocean Shader.

Good luck.

Akashoncg
10-01-2009, 12:35 PM
thank u Aikiman, for ur guidance , it works like i was expecting. i did all settings u mention above. but only when i create any light i get reflection,but default explosion's (use from visor fluid examples) reflection not seen in ocean. . .i checked the option "visible in reflection", and turned off the raytracing but i didn't get any result.....now what i m missing to create that reflec. ? ?

Aikiman
10-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Sorry I didnt explain myself very well, you need to turn raytracing on for both your ocean and render globals.

CGTalk Moderation
10-01-2009, 08:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.