PDA

View Full Version : action girl in sewer

Shiro_tengu
01-15-2002, 05:56 AM
http://members.iinet.net/~whitej/the_sewer7.jpg

Hi - this has been on sijun. This is a character concept for a personal project of mine. Any feedback would be nice.

Blackarts
01-15-2002, 07:26 PM
hey,

what if instead of looking at the ground, she was looking upwards, towards the camera? And for a sewer I think there needs to be way more grime and muck, and maybe darker water. I think it just doesnt look that sewery. The lighting should be a little darker too, maybe have some light streaming in from a vent or something. Hope that helps,

-daryl

Shiro_tengu
01-15-2002, 10:34 PM
Sorry - "sewer" is for want of a better word. Its kind of a venting tunnel for a really huge secret military complex.

Monkey_Majick
01-16-2002, 12:15 AM
I love it.

I think it needs to be a little darker. It would probably make it more mysterious. Maybe if the water was fluro lime green sludge and it lighted her features from the bottom up.

LordIron2k
01-16-2002, 06:14 AM
WOOOOOWWW

goodlag
01-16-2002, 09:40 AM
looks good ~~

Aegis
01-16-2002, 07:22 PM
She looks cute ;)

I like it.

bzhavoc
01-17-2002, 02:17 AM
i likes alot
but i have to agree with monkey_majick about the water
the water looks realy good kind of like a beach
or river (in fact it made me thirsty)
if the water had some color from the walls and darkness to it
it would seem more like a tunel
late

Shiro_tengu
01-21-2002, 02:07 AM
Thankyou everyone. You have some good ideas. I will try to impliment some! :>)

dark_lotus
01-21-2002, 10:42 AM
I have to agree with Monkey_Majick about the darkness of the water.

Its just a little bright.

oh and the pipe needs a little refinement, cause it looks like glass at the moment.

But nice work!

If ya wanted to keep the brightness of the water the same, I'd add caustics to the wall.

But thats just a thought

Geode
01-22-2002, 01:27 PM
The character is nice and I dont have any problems with her pose,
but the drawing of the scene in general is a bit weak. It looks as if you are relying on a paper texture for the texture of the walls and that weakens the whole image imho... the rest of the drawing is not rendered with enough detail to match that of the pattern. For instance, the pipe that juts out of the wall is rendered very loosely with no attempt to define surface details, which contrasts too much with that pattern, which is almost too detailed. Too, relying on a pre-fabricated texture pattern too heavily is a crutch that can work against you. It can keep you from tightening the drawing and thus pulling the whole piece together. In this case I think it makes the wall look somehow "not there" because the lighting is off.
I'm not saying you should lose the pattern altogether, but I would say try to render the rest of the scene with more detail to make it more consistent overall, and to make the lighting consistent as well... also I think the wall should be rendered more by hand, perhaps make the indents between the bricks or whatever.
I also disagree about making the water flouro lime green... that is such a cliche... well, the whole sewer scene thing is already cliched enough as it is, so that would be just another cliche. Just my opinion tho... If it were me I'd make the water dark and dirty-looking with more reflections.

Shiro_tengu
01-23-2002, 02:33 AM
paper texture????

mmm...its supposed to be concrete. As mentioned earlier - its not actually a "sewer" - that was for want of a better word (explained above). I agree with most of your points, though - thanks. I'll give them thought for my next illustration. Yes, that pipe looks as if its made out of glass lol. must get to that.

Here is a previous version before the wall was textured. (the picture is still a work in progress).

http://members.iinet.net/~whitej/sewer5.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.