PDA

View Full Version : Animation MA in Canada/US? (for 2D animation)

kodinkenji
09-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey everyone!

My name's Amit, i'm a 2D/Flash Animator from Israel. I have a BFA in Animation and now I'm looking for a good place to study an MA in Animation somewhere in The World (Israel has got no animation MA programs and I'm trying to leave this place for good).

I already applied to the NFTS in the UK, and even got to attend the Animation Direction workshop with 14 more people (8 of them were chosen, not including me). so now I have an entire year to look for more places to study in for the September 2010 semester.

generally I'd rather study in Europe since i'm also an EU citizen (I also have a Slovak republic citizenship). but now I'm trying to learn more about my options and even though it's costly, I would definetly want to try the best that the US and Canada have to offer.

I already got into the London Metropolitan University's Animation MA for September 2010, but as far as I know it's a new program so I won't rush into it without knowing if it's worth a damn.

so..just consider these points:

1. it has to be an MA program (I already have a BFA)
2. there has a 2D option, I mean, not a school that deals mainly or only in 3D.

btw, the only place I know about that has a 2D program of so far is Calarts (Experimental Animation MA), so I'm gonna try there, but other than Calarts, what other GOOD options are there?

Thanks in Advance

Amit Tishler

P.S.

if you're wondering about my style (which probably should effect my choice), here's my youtube channel with some of my animation projects:

http://www.youtube.com/kodinkenji

Hope you like'em :)

taxguy
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi Amit. Check out California Institute of the Arts ( Calarts), USC ( University of Southern California, College of Cinematic Arts) and UCLA ( University of California, Los Angeles).

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.