PDA

View Full Version : strang updating rig


Sarford
09-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Hi,

I've made this rig, following the guidance of Charbel Koueik from the Riging Pro DVD. I did made some adjustments in the rig.
The rig alone worked fine, but now I'm skinning my character and I get some funky updating on the arms.
I propably did something wrong, just don't know what.
The arms are parented to the spine, but even if they aren't parented to anything there is still this funky updating.

Does anyone know what could be the problem here?

Here is a youtube video of the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJjOtsNPcZg

In the video you don't see the enveloped mesh, the blocks you'll see are the skin-bones.

ps: I use XSI 6.5 and run it under VMWare on the Mac, on Vista home 64bit

ShaderOp
09-30-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem you're having, but why do you have two orientation constraints on that lowerarm_skinbone_1_R, are they both active and at full strength at the same time, and what happens if you mute one of them?

Sarford
09-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Hi ShaderOp,

Those two constrains are there for IK-FK blending. One constrain is to the IK rig and one to the FK rig, using the blend weight of the upper constrain to blend between the two.

ShaderOp
09-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Those two constrains are there for IK-FK blending. One constrain is to the IK rig and one to the FK rig, using the blend weight of the upper constrain to blend between the two.
Then that shouldn't cause any issues.

Sorry, but that's all I could think of. Can you upload the scene somewhere? I wouldn't mind taking a look at it, and maybe others here would take a look as well.

Sil3
09-30-2009, 11:44 AM
This will sound completely weird and probably its not whats causing it, but nevertheless...

Disable the Point Snap on the Snapping options, I noticed its ON and it shouldn't affect but I had similar issues when those were On. Could be or could not be it, but try it.

Hope it Helps

Sarford
09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, the problem is solved. Not that I know what caused the problem...
First I tried the rig with each individual part seperate and I found that the problem was with the shoes.
After trying everything with the shoes (even removing parts of it to see if it could be a modeling problem) I kind of exidentaly found out that a duplicate of the shoe didn't give troubles.
So I duplicated the shoes and with them skinned all components to the rig and it worked!
Still don't know why a duplicate would work and a original not (an imported .obj file), but there you go...

Thank for your help, ShaderOp and Sil3, much apreciated! :thumbsup:


ps: here is a picture of the shoe... spot the problem... :p

http://www.blinq.net/pictures/chick9.png

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.