PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone attended (or know of someone) Escape Studios in London?

eraser851
09-29-2009, 11:53 PM
I just discovered this school and am very interested in it.
I'm wondering if anyone here has attended there and if you care to share your experiences.
Did you rent out an apartment/flat in London?
After you completed your program, how many job offerings did you get? Were you able to jump right into the field?
How did you pay for it? All up front? Or are you able to make payments?
And do you feel the amount of money for the length of time was worth it?

I'm looking at taking their Visual Effects Professional class. It's an 18-Week class and it costs just shy of $20k.

If anyone could give me any of their input, that would be fantastic.

f10na
09-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I just discovered this school and am very interested in it.
I'm wondering if anyone here has attended there and if you care to share your experiences.
Yes its awesome in my opinion. Seriously hard work though if you want to make the most of it.

Did you rent out an apartment/flat in London?
Nope, lived near enough to commute. I think people do tend to rent flats if from out of the area. Escape used to help put point people in the right direction for accommodation, but I don't know if they still do.

After you completed your program, how many job offerings did you get? Were you able to jump right into the field?
Generally IMHO most people would be thrilled with just one job offer, however, I already had a job anyway. My friends from Escape did not jump into jobs immediately because more time was needed to work on showreel but Escape provided all the training to make that possible. The friends I keep in contact with did a 12 week course though, not the 18 week one. It was only a matter of time before those friends got cool, to extremely cool jobs though.

How did you pay for it? All up front? Or are you able to make payments?
Last I knew they don't take payments.

And do you feel the amount of money for the length of time was worth it?
Yes (and I am pretty sure the people I still keep in contact with from courses at Escape would say the same thing). IMHO, its not for everyone though as it can be very intense, and you are likely to be surrounded by awesome classmates and might feel very pressured. FYI, before attending Escape I called them a whole bunch of times to ask all sorts of questions. They would patiently answer, and then I would think of more and call back. They were always really helpful and I never got the impression that they were trying to sell me a course that wouldn't be suitable for me. So I suggest you email, or call them and start asking your questions if you are interested.

Hope that helps.
Fi

eraser851
10-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Hey, thanks a lot. That really helps.

CGTalk Moderation
10-01-2009, 02:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.