PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow - Character - Prs-Phil

Prs-Phil
08-11-2003, 04:10 PM
Ok guys, thistime I will get the model done :D

Doodle in progress :)

Prs-Phil
08-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Ok, I was just drinking and smoking with my m8s when I came up with the idea for the char. My m8s think its terrible but hey, Im used to it, the local doctor hates me for drawing jesus with an infusion going streight into his head, while waiting for the doctor :D

ok the idea:

This guy was born without a bottom jaw, he only has an upper jaw with rotting teeth and a hole in his throught where his bottom jaw would actually conect to a whole mouth.

He was born 1899 and while getting older he begun to understand what was wrong with him. He began to hate himself and as time passed his hate towards him self grew constantly. One day he couldnt see himself in the mirror anymore and in a mental rage powered by absinth he sratched his eyes out and try to kill himself by jumping into a river.

The next morning a traveling circus found him ... still alive. They sowed his eyelids together and put him into the freakshow tent. Trapped in a cage, in caines and restrained hands he live for the pleasure of the "normal". Blind, half deaf he slowly looks towards his so far away death.
His wrists and ankles allready reduced to a bit of skin and bones by his usless effort, trying to break free.
Carrying only a few raggy cloths on his skinny body, giving no protection against insects entering his wounds, and a rusty metal bowl under his chin to catch his drewl, he preys to god that he may die ... but everybody makes sure that he doesnt ...

--- Concept follows

Tell me if its a bit to hard

JonasNoell
08-11-2003, 06:18 PM
You are sick dude :argh:

ElysiumGX
08-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Seriously, you are one ****ed up individual.

Can't wait to see it.:thumbsup:

CGmonkey
08-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Haha this challenge was ment to be as sick as possible! :applause: Can't wait to see the resaults! :D

Stygian
08-12-2003, 02:55 PM
your background story deffinitely has that 19th century horror feel to it . I'm looking forward to seeing your concept.

samgrice
08-12-2003, 05:08 PM
man, this sounds pretty cool. you could go one step further and make him a girlfriend! lol:scream:

Supervlieg
08-12-2003, 05:22 PM
hehe, cool idea. Wanna see the doodle

Prs-Phil
08-12-2003, 10:58 PM
Ok guys here are the first 2 doodles of the head, I need to difine his total style so here are my 2 ideas. I drew them from the side because I think you can picture the char better like that.

http://www.pu-art.com/challenge/jaws1.jpg

Comment:

Thats the version where he wont have a top on so you can see his skinny punished body. He has a bit of thin hair on the back of his head.
His nose is not as pointy as in the second version and his forehead is a bit more defined, wich I personally like.
The thing that makes him a bit different to the original idea, is the way the scratchedout eyes are closed up. Here they have used to belts and sowed it into his skin to keep them only a tad bit visible.
You can also see the "bowl" hanging around his neck that catches his drewl. A bit of the ear is also copped off.

http://www.pu-art.com/challenge/jaws2.jpg

Comment:

In this version (the first one anyway) he has a small forehead and a pointy nose, but I think that makes him look a bit to evil he should look punished. He is also wearing a raggy old potatosack as top with whole where you can see that he was punished. His jaw also goes furth back than in the other version and his ear is whole.
The eyes have been sowed together like they "normally" would be.

I know that Im not very good at 2d art, but also consider that theese are just setches and I need your opinion on chardesign. Would you maybe like the second ones nose on nr1. or nr1 with hair. Plz tell me, so I can prosecc your thoughts with my ideas.

Thx ... more pics will follow

baaah888
08-13-2003, 01:49 AM
lol, sick idea, but cool in a disturbed way,

just an idea have you thought about adding a tounge dangling from the throat. it might look cool, and if he nodded or shook his head in punters directions, it would jangle about evily.

Prs-Phil
08-13-2003, 01:50 PM
man, thats a great idea, but you must know that the tounghe is attached to the bottom jaw ;)

but Ill see if I can modfy it to make it still look cool.

rAndall
08-13-2003, 08:38 PM
Yes! That's completely sick. I love it.
Especially the part of the insects entering his wounds.
Yummy!

melmann
08-15-2003, 06:15 PM
I went with a jawless guy with mine :( love the story behind yours! Great stuff!:beer:

ionanism
08-16-2003, 09:06 PM
Cool sick idea, I cant help but to think of raziel from the soul reaver games (the 2nd game sucked) but you idea is way sicker and defiantly side show freak material, it should make a good model, and some nice sick texturing. Good luck.

Beastie
08-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Cant wait to see this gruesome thing modeled! One comment, I think you should make his druel catcher something that looks home-made and make-shift. Chances are he wouldnt get a custom made druel catcher =)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.