PDA

View Full Version : Emitting Particles close to a surface

Calibrix
09-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi, I'm working on creating sparks with particles. Currently I've run into a snag. If my particle emitter is in close proximity to the collision geometry particles aren't created in the proper positions. If the emitter is creating particles with high velocities, it will create some of the particles underneath the collision geometry. I've drawing a diagram to help explain my problem. Please excuse the fact that it was drawn in Paint, my photoshop is down.http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2604/3966007989_f832731e46.jpg

JoshM
09-30-2009, 02:52 PM
If I understand the problem correctly, there are two things that will help with preventing particles from penetrating the collision surface: In the Collisions attributes of the Particle Shape node you might want to increase the Trace Depth, by default its set to 10 which only allows 10 particles to collide per frame. The other thing that might help is the oversamplining attribute of the dynamicGlobals node. Try increasing this slightly so the particles are sampled more times per sub-frame. You can find this in the Solvers menu.

HTH,
Josh

Calibrix
10-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! Yes the oversampling did the trick. Thanks so much.

CGTalk Moderation
10-01-2009, 02:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.